Like most things in life you get what you pay for with teardrop banners and there is a wide range of quality on the market. As we owned the original patent for the Teardrop banner nobody has been making them longer than us. This unmatched experience makes us confident that our teardrop flags cannot be beaten for function, durability and after sales backup.
Teardrop Banner Origins
Originally called the Flying Banner, this style of banner flag is now referred to as a teardrop banner, teardrop flag or even a wing banner. Teardrop Banners are the most popular shape for advertising flags for two key reasons:
- The shape ensures that the fabric is always tight. This reduces flapping flags endure. Less flapping equals less fraying. This along with the sun is the main enemy of advertising flags. The teardrop shape also means that your branding remains visible no matter what the conditions. Teardrop Banners perfect for both indoor and outdoor events.
- Most noteworthy, the inverted shape of Teardrop Banners pushes most of your branding higher up the banner for improved visibility.
As a result if you want high-visibility advertising the teardrop flag is the right advertising flag for you. Furthermore, a True Double Sided Print increases your exposure even further. Easy to use, long-lasting and visually attractive – it’s no mystery why the teardrop banner is one of our best sellers.
Teardrop Banner Features to look out for:
- The top section of a Teardrop flag is under constant tension hence the need for quality manufacturing of this part.
- Made from Pultruded Fibreglass with a true taper. This gives High flex and durability.
- Has a protective moulded ball on its tip to prevent wear on the banner sleeve.
- Due to our confidence in this top pole we have given it a Life Time Warranty.* Be wary of Teardrop Banners that do not use a true tapered top pole.
Metal Collars at Pole Ends
- Our Teardrop Banner poles have Stainless Steel rings fixed to their ends.
- These collars prevent the poles from splitting over time.
- The collars also guide the joining of the banner poles.
- Having these collars increases the teardrop banners longevity.
- Allows the banner to be quickly locked onto the mounting device by simply pushing the ring down.
- Developed and Patented by ExpandaBrand
- Used to connect Teardrop Banner flags to all mounting options
- Plays an important role in your banners longevity and ease of use
- To ensure the longevity of your Teardrop Banner it is important that the tension is set correctly.
- The Banner Flag ratchet system makes this as simple as pulling a piece of string.
- Simply mount your Teardrop Banner and pull the cord to adjust the fabric tension.
- The banner will stretch over its life time so this should be adjusted every few months.
- Teardrop Banner sleeves are subjected to the most UV exposure.
- To reduce wear, our teardrop banner sleeves are made with a heavy duty knitted fabric
- In addition, they also have triple layered fabric at the sleeves end for added reinforcing.
- Therefore, avoid banners that use the banner fabric as the sleeve.
“Quiksilver have been working with ExpandaBrand for many years. At one stage we did try another supplier but could not get the quality and consistency of product that ExpandaBrand have to offer. We are now back with ExpandaBrand and are extremely happy with their Flying (teardrop) Banners and I regard them as the best in the business.”